You will be learning towards the outcome “Lift and Turn a load”.
Whilst learning towards the outcome, you will be familiarizing yourself Lifting and turning a load method.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
On completion of this module, the trainee must be able to:
- Before a load is lifted the mass of the load must be determined.
- When steel wire rope slings are used to lift loads, which have sharp corners and edges, corner protection must be inserted between the sharp edge and the steel rope sling.
- The turn of a load using two chain blocks are done by using the Choker slinging method on to the load.
- The center sling used to lift and turn the load had the bight below the center of the load to enable the load to be turned.
- The outer slings used to support the load when it is turned had their bights above the centro of the load to support the load while it is turned.
- All safety procedures must be adhered to.
- The module included the lifting and turning of loads by applying the correct use of chain blocks, overhead beams, slings and shackles.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Four steel wire slings
- Eight shackles
- Two chain blocks
- Rubber packing
- Two beam crawls or Two double wrap choker slings
- Tag lines
- Extension ladder
- Fiber rope for lashing ladder
- Fiber rope to haul up chain blocks
- Module CCD.
- Module ST
- Module LM-1