Test logic gates.
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- You will be learning towards the outcome “Test logic gates.”
- Whilst learning towards the outcome you will be required to achieve the following:
- Test and determine the switching state to obtain a “1” at the output of a logic circuit.
- Name four different logic families.
- State what supply voltage may be applied to a complementary metal oxide semi-conductor (CMOS) device.
- State four precautions that must be taken when handling CMOS devices.
- Draw the circuit symbols for an AND, OR, NAND and NOR gate.
- State the difference in truth tables for the following:
- AND gate and NAND gate.
- OR gate and NOR gate.
- Draw the equivalent electrical circuit for each of the following gates:
- NOR gate.
- NAND gate
- OR gate.
- AND gate.
- Name two advantages of CMOS devices over other devices.
- State what a 1 and a 0 is equal to in positive logic.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Circuit board
- Connecting wires
- Soldering iron
- Soldering wire
- Small side cutters
- De-soldering pump
- Anti-static wrist strap
- Dual 10V DC supply
- N-channel JFET
- Potentiometer (5K)
- Resistors (10K, 1K)
Applications will depend on the logic gate in question but to name a few; alarm systems, bell switches, temperature detection, etc.
- Display Board
- Data chart