SP-3: Connect a single phase motor to reversing contactors
You will be taught on how to design, wire and commission a single phase forward reverse starter
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- Draw circuit diagrams for the main and control circuits, with one or more stop / start stations, for a single-phase motor and reversing starter installation.
- Wire a reversing starter and connect it to a motor, according to the given wiring diagram.
- Test the circuit and test-run the installation.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Module book / learning material
- Pen/ pencil
- Booklet to make notes
- Main breaker, 2 contactors, 1 overload, control breaker , 2stops, 2starts, lamp, single phase induction motor , connecting wires , emergency stop , voltmeter and ammeter
- Wire stripper , side cutter, tube spanner no 10 , round plier
- Circuit diagram
- Safety glasses
- Measuring instrument – multimeter
A reversing starter control system is often used when it’s necessary to reverse the direction of rotation of a motor e.g. in lifts, overhead cranes and machines.
- Subject matter experts
- In-company Standard Operating Procedures