In this module you will be taught how to identify lights and lighting circuits, you will also be taught how to install and maintain different lamps as this is the basic function of an electrician
Key and critical concepts which you will learn:
- Identify and describe the operation of two types of lamps that do not require control gear to operate.
- Identify and describe the operation of five types of lamps that require control gear to operate.
- Draw the wiring diagrams of light circuits for each type of lamp and control gear, where appropriate, and wire the circuits.
- Troubleshoot and maintain lighting circuits.
Tools, consumables, machinery and equipment required:
- Module book / learning material
- Booklet to make notes
- Reading circuit diagrams (EC-1)
- Using different measuring instrument (TI-1)
- We are using different type of lamps to light up our homes, domestic and industrial use
- Subject matter experts
- In-company Standard Operating Procedures
- SANS 10142-1 for the Wiring of Premises