Principles of Hydraulics
Fitting and Turning/ Diesel/ Millwright
HYD 1 – Principles of hydraulics
You will be learning towards the outcome “Principles of hydraulics”.
Key and critical concepts you will learn
Whilst learning towards the outcome you will be required to achieve the following:
- Know the differences between hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Know the functions of hydraulic oil.
- Know the factors that can have an effect on a hydraulic system.
- Know the basic components of a hydraulic circuit and their functions.
On completion of this module, the learner must be able to:
- State the differences between hydraulics and pneumatics.
- State the functions of hydraulic oil.
- State the factors that can have an effect on a hydraulic system.
- State the basic components of a hydraulic circuit and their functions.
Tools, consumables, equipment and machinery required
- Study material
Artisans use this skill on a daily basis to do maintenance on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, etc.
They examine and inspect bearings to determine the serviceability and can also identify the type of bearing should the need arise to replace the unit.