Design and Construct a Pneumatic System
Fitting and Turning/ Diesel/ Millwright
PN 7- Design and construct a pneumatic circuit
You will be learning towards the outcome “Design and construct a pneumatic circuit”
Key and critical concepts you will learn
You will be learning towards the outcome “Design and construct a pneumatic circuit”. Whilst learning towards the outcome you will be required to achieve the following:
- Know the application of a 4/2 way double pilot valve.
- Know how to design and construct a circuit.
On completion of this module, the learner must be able to:
- State the application of a 4/2 way double pilot valve.
- Design and construct a circuit so that a double acting cylinder piston rod will extend fully after operating a push button and, after extended to its maximum, automatically return to its original position.
During this process you must adhere to certain specified requirements as listed in the Module.
Tools, consumables, equipment and machinery required
- Schematic diagram
- Training Panel
- Double Acting Cylinder
- Adjustable one way flow control valve
- 4\2 way double pilot valve
- 3\2 way directional control valve, normally closed.
- A 4/2-way double pilot valve (impulse valve) is used for controlling double acting cylinders in automatic controlled sequence.