Construct a Circuit with a Check Valve
Fitting and Turning/ Diesel/ Millwright
HYD 6 – Construct circuit with a check valve
You will be learning towards the outcome “Construct circuit with a check valve”
Key and critical concepts you will learn
You will be learning towards the outcome “Construct a circuit with a check valve”. Whilst learning towards the outcome you will be required to achieve the following:
- Construct a circuit with the relevant valves.
- Know the purpose of a check valve / non-return valve.
- Know the purpose of a pilot operated check valve / non-return valve.
On completion of this module, the learner must be able to:
- Indicate flow when the directional control valve / valves are operated.
- State the purpose of a check valve / non-return valve.
- State the purpose of a pilot operated check valve / non-return valve.
During this process you must adhere to certain specified requirements as listed in the Module.
Tools, consumables, equipment and machinery required
- Schematic diagram
- Training panel
- A 4/3-way directional control valve
- Pressure gauge
- Double acting cylinder
- Hydraulic hoses
- Pressure relieve valve
- Check Valve
- Pilot operated check valve
Check valves / Non-return valves block the flow in one direction and permit free flow in the other direction